Salem, NH, July, 2013 – Premier Manufacturing, one of the largest electronics manufacturing service providers in Colorado, announced that they have selected ProfitKey’s ‘Rapid Response Manufacturing’ as their new ERP (enterprise resource planning) system.
While looking to upgrade its current ERP management system, Premier Manufacturing focused on their need to improve several areas of the business. The key areas of focus were based on productivity on the manufacturing lines, better efficiencies, cost reduction, and the ability to demonstrate to customers their ability to control the process and meet their specifications with a system that demonstrated this in real time. Premier, being a small contract manufacturing company, needed to act in a frugal manner in regards to the cost of a new system, not only in the acquisition cost, but the cost to the company in time to train employees, the time spent in implementation and transfer from the old system to the new. Finally, Premier needed a system that could move them from the current product to a new one, in a reasonably quick time frame to minimize delay to their production schedules and avoid any impact to their customers.
“Our search for the right fit spanned several months of research and included in-depth demos and analysis of 13 different companies. ProfitKey attracted us for a variety of reasons”, explained Phil Robertson, one of the original founders of Premier and now lead consultant.
Premier’s reasons for selecting ProfitKey included:
– Specific experience in providing ERP software and services to manufacturers in both Aerospace and Medical OEM’s. ProfitKey has installed ERP systems in companies similar in size/scope and manufacturing sector as our own company.
– User friendly and easily understood functionality that would not only facilitate faster learning/implementation by the users, but allow for increased overall productivity.
– The ability to drill down into the system from Macro level to Micro level of any issue being worked, easily and logically.
– The implementation phase offered a system with tools that would assist with the transfer of data from the old system into ProfitKey, allowing for a quick and smooth transition without a lot of hands-on work.
– Flexibility to adhere to a large breadth of customer types and production methods; from single one-off jobs, prototype, and constant engineering changes from our customers, volume production, builds to order, build to forecast and so on. ProfitKey allows users to operate in all those environments, simultaneously.
“ProfitKey made us feel like our success was their success, and they will do everything they can to ensure that process. Their training, service, and willingness to analyze specific issues/needs and come up with solutions, were impressive,” Mr. Robertson concluded.
“Premier’s dedication to growing their business and willingness to take the right steps to ensure that happens makes our job incredibly easy,” stated Joe Di Zazzo, President and CEO of ProfitKey. Mr. Di Zazzo added, “With their unique needs in custom manufacturing, the partnership is a great fit for both parties. We are proud and excited to introduce such a great business and an American manufacturer to the ProfitKey user family.”
About Premier Manufacturing
Premier Manufacturing is a full-service PCB contract manufacturer nestled along the front range of the Rocky Mountains in our 45,000 square foot facility located in Frederick, Colorado. Premier is also AS9100C:2009 and ISO 9001:2008 certified, and is ITAR registered.
For more than 30 years, ProfitKey International has been a provider of manufacturing planning, manufacturing operations, and financial management software for small to midsize manufacturers , helping to increase overall efficiency in the areas of shop floor scheduling, communications, inventory management, labor reporting, cost tracking, and more. Through the use of their real-time and fully-integrated enterprise resource planning (ERP) manufacturing software, ProfitKey has been able to help thousands of small to mid-sized precision manufacturers grow over the last four decades.Posted by Jason Rourke Sales & Marketing Manager, ProfitKey International